What's new

The 2nd Amendment is not for Hunting

jseymour

Administrator
Staff member
Something I am getting pretty tired of in this current gun debate is that the second amendment applies to the individuals right to hunt. This is not the case. The second amendment is to allow law abiding citizens to own and carry weapons to protect themselves. Not from just animals, not just in the home. The amendment is allow self-defense up to and including against the government if it now longer represents the people.

Anti-constitutional Democrats need to quit using this false reasoning to push their agendas.

Another thing. Calling this a gun safety agenda is just plain wrong. This is an attempt to restrict gun ownership - not promote gun safety. If you want to promote gun safety push for access to more gun safety courses even in our schools. This would do more to promote safety than the banning of weapons.

jseymour

Administrator
Staff member
And today someone on CNN said that gun advocates want to defend their "perceived" 2nd amendment rights. Perceived? What planet are they from. Does this mean that our 1st amendment rights to free speech are "perceived" and not real?
After supporting Obama for the last four years, I am seeing my worst nightmare come through. All these politicians should be removed for not defending (and actually attacking) the constitution.
The thing is, nothing that they proposed will do anything about the type of mass shootings that have occurred. There is nothing to encourage carry for law abiding citizens, and nothing to restrict the gun free zones that attract these kinds of shooters.
As parents we need to do a better job of teaching our youngsters about why the 2nd amendment is important. Also to teach gun safety and respect to the young ones. I would also push for gun safety and marksmanship courses in our middle and high schools.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once."
- Judge Alex Kozinski